DPA is the process whereby businesses digitise and automate their processes to improve customer relations, to meet customer demands and to introduce new products to the market.
Basically DPA does what it says, that is, it automates business processes. To do this successfully the business must have digitised its processes.
DPA will include the following principals
- Transparency across the various processes
- Automating notifications and reminders
- Automating accounts payable procedures
- Automating accounts receivable
- Improved work culture through better collaboration
The Need for DPA
As businesses implement DPA the will see a shift in their dynamics that will allow them to manage risks more effectively. For instance where a business has introduced a new product that automation metrics determine that it has been successful with customers then the product can be quickly scaled resulting in increased revenue.
Conversely, if the same product was unsuccessful then it can be quickly terminated without causing undue losses.
In addition, intelligent software allows for greater customer, supplier and staff interaction resulting in quicker response times, fewer errors through digital automation and more efficient processing.
Long term benefits of DPA
There are significant long term benefits associated with the introduction of DPA such as:
- Automating repetitive tasks saves considerable time in man-hours allowing for allocation for more important tasks.
- Labour costs are a significant cost to all business so as DPA is introduced these costs can be significantly reduced
- Through BPA as human intervention is reduced or replaced processing errors are also reduced resulting in greater efficiency and cost savings
- BPA provides much greater adaptability for business by allowing for the creation of new solutions to meet market demands
Some features to check for in BPA software
- Must offer automation capabilities
- Should have a degree of artificial intelligence
- The software should not require technical expertise to operate and ideally will include an intuitive visual interface
Tips on choosing the right digital process automation tool
There are a number of automation tools available to assist in the automation process. Specifically, they should include a visual editor that provides for the efficient development of low code applications. The right software should allow for the creation of automated workflow in less than 15 minutes.